To transfer or upload files from your computer to the server, you need a program called "FTP Client". One which is easy to use and free is FileZilla. Use https://filezilla-project.org/download.php to download this software.
Steps to upload a file:
1. Open FileZilla
2. Enter the hostname, ftp username and password of your Moodle site.
3. Then click 'Quickconnect' button to connect to the server.
4. When server is connected you can see all your Moodle files. As you can see in the screenshot below 'moodledata' folder.
Note** - 1. The KTS clients can only access 'moodledata folder'.
2. The clients at KTM can access all folders such as httpdocs, moodledata, mod, theme, etc .
Example - I want to create a folder in moodledata/repository with name 'teacher' and upload two files 'file.docx' and 'images.jpg' in it which can be accessed within Moodle.
5. Now screenshot below i am inside repository folder by double clicking on the 'moodledata' folder and then 'repository' folder and created a folder named 'Teacher' by right clicking in the right side bottom columm and select make directory .
6. In the next screenshot below I drag and drop two files named 'file.docx' and 'images.jpg' inside teacher directory. These two are accessible within Moodle.