Enrolment is the process of assigning user to roles in a course.
Moodle provides a number of ways of managing course enrolment, called enrolment plugins. They are:
- Manual enrolment- the administrator or course teacher adds users manually.
- Self enrolment- a user can choose to enrol him/herself into a course.
- Cohort sync- users are part of a Cohort which is added to the course.
- Guest access- users can view course materials but not participate.
- Category enrolments- users are enrolled in all courses in a category.
- MNet remote enrolments- users are enrolled via a linked Moodle site.
- PayPal- users purchase enrolment with Paypal.